28 December 2021

Lowestoft Suffolk England UK


Beautiful Lowestoft is the first place in the UK to see the sunrise. It's located at the northern part of the historic county of Suffolk.

I arrived by bus from Great Yarmouth and enjoyed watching the sailboard surfing (aka windsurfing).


 



If you like surfing, see this video I took from the promenade. Available on SuttonTravels channel on YouTube.




It's hard to get enough of the coastal views.


There's a nice beach as well.


I walked along the pier and along the promenade -- a few photos







A sign tells of the historic fishing industry and its capacity to deliver fresh fish to London via rail the same day. London is  about 100 miles away.



The Lowestoft railway station is located near the pier.



I returned to Great Yarmouth. My next stop was Burgh Castle and the Roman Fort.


Please check out my website   www.suttong.com

   and see my books on   AMAZON       or  GOOGLE STORE

Also, consider connecting with me on    FACEBOOK   Geoff W. Sutton    

   TWITTER  @Geoff.W.Sutton    



No comments:

Post a Comment