27 December 2021

Great Yarmouth Norfolk England UK


 Great Yarmouth, also called Yarmouth, is a popular resort town in the historic county of Norfolk on the east coast of England.

I arrived by train from Leeds, through Peterborough and Norwich. 


Although it was November, it was a nice day at the beach.


Several attraction were closed but here are a few places recommended for families.






There is a Royal Aquarium, which I did not see. And the ARC cinema.



In the city centre, there are a variety of shops and a market place.







Here's a short video of the shopping street walking from the beach to the city shopping  centre.




If you are interested in history, there are several places to visit. Here are a few examples.

Great Yarmouth Minster


Near the old Row Houses- An English Heritage site


St George's Theatre




Greek Orthodox Church of Saint Spyridon



And a glimpse of the medieval town with a tower and parts of the old wall.




This monument commemorates the Trafalgar Victory on 21 October 1805. The city remembers Lord Nelson who was born in 1758 in Norfolk.


I enjoyed a full English breakfast and fish n chips







I took two day trips on busses from the central depot.

On one trip I went south to Lowestoft

and the other trip was over to  Burgh Castle and the historic Roman Fort


Please check out my website   www.suttong.com

   and see my books on   AMAZON       or  GOOGLE STORE

Also, consider connecting with me on    FACEBOOK   Geoff W. Sutton    

   TWITTER  @Geoff.W.Sutton    










No comments:

Post a Comment