06 September 2022

Weymouth, England, UK


 We visited Weymouth on 11 August, 2022. Our ship docked at Portland and we took the local shuttle bus into picturesque Weymouth, which in a fabulous seaside town with a wide sandy beach.


As we walked along the inlet, I was reminded this is part of England's Jurassic Coast--nearly 100 miles of gorgeous scenery. I want to go back.


So, there's a drawbridge, which I just got off in time to avoid sliding down. I'm not making this up.



Over the bridge are the shops, which are inviting to some.



This fossil shop made me think of one of my granddaughters' interests.




It so happens, King George III, not a favourite royal of Americans, was well-liked here for his support of the town. A replica of his beach wagon is in a central place along side a monument by the beach.



Honouring King George III

If you don't want to walk, there's a land train.




I'm not sure how my panorama of this spot will look on your screen. Anyway, here are a couple at the edge of town and by the beach. You can see better images in the video below.





It was a hot day so we stopped for ice cream, which dripped faster than I could enjoy it. I noticed the locals were enjoying hot coffee on a sweltering day.





I put together a video from clips of the town and beach. You'll see how people enjoy the seaside, what they wear, and the music and sounds of a summer's day at the seaside.

The video is a bit over 4 minutes so, choose a fast play mode if you just want a glimpse. 



Please subscribe to my blog and

YouTube for more travel photos and videos.

Also, please check out my webpage suttong.com

After leaving Weymouth, I stopped off at the D-Day centre and Portland Castle.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment