09 March 2022

Animal Kingdom Walt Disney World

Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida is our favorite park. I appreciate the creation of a massive garden with a creative blend of natural and artificial plants.

We were with grandchildren so our day wasn't just about the animals. We all enjoyed the Avatar ride in the Pandora section, which we headed for as soon as the park opened (called "rope drop").

Photo provided by Disney



We were wowed by the wood carvings in the baobab tree sculpture known as the Tree of Life. There are more than 300 animal sculptures. Our grandchildren delighted in finding them.


The animal safari ride is a must do attraction. This is the only time in our 5-day visit that I carried a small camera with a zoom lens instead of relying on my mobile phone.






Suggestion- walk past the falls to see the gorilla.


There's a petting zoo too.


If you need a break, there are shows throughout the park. My wife particularly liked the show from the lakeside arena.



Photo by Sandy*


And keep an eye out for character parades.*



After our grandchildren left, my wife and I walked the Tiger Trail.





 And we sat down for a sesamee chicken dinner before taking the park bus to back to our unit in the Caribbean Resort. The best part of this meal getting quick service without having to plan ahead using a mobile app.


Please check out my website   www.suttong.com

   and see my books on   AMAZON       or  GOOGLE STORE

Related Post

Magic Kingdom Walt Disney World


Park Notes based on our visit in 2022

Animal Kingdom is the first of the parks to open. Hours vary. For us, the hours were 8 to 8. By staying on property, you get in a half-hour early.

We did not use  Genie+  at Animal Kingdom and still got Avatar Flight of Passage and the Kilimanjaro Safari without excessive wait times.

I set my Lumix camera on the recommended sports scene setting to capture quick shots of animals during the safari ride. It's the only time I carried a camera so I could have a decent optical zoom lens but I wouldn't carry a heavier camera.

* Photos by Sandy Sutton using a Google Pixel 4 phone camera

We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort. It was a short ride to Animal Kingdom.











No comments:

Post a Comment