01 December 2021

Middleton Railway in Leeds England, UK

 


I visited the Middleton Railway on 31 October 2021 and took a ride on a steam train. This post includes photos from the Railway and a YouTube video. If you love trains, the Middleton Railway is worth a visit.

I arrived just before the train was scheduled to leave so I jumped on the guards van.



At the end of the short journey, we got off for a short break before the return.



The engine was decoupled, reversed, and coupled to the van where I was standing for the return trip.





Here's a photo of the platform when we arrived at Middleton station.




I traded cameras with a passenger to get this photo.



You walk through the shed between the train and the entrance where there are a few engines.



This is the building you are looking for when you arrive. I walked from the nearest bus stop.





Despite the heavy rain, I enjoyed the ride.

Here's a short edited video to give you a better feel for the experience.


From my YouTube Channel SuttonTravels https://youtu.be/D13IJPtojyQ

About the Middleton Railway


This railway is the oldest railway in continuous use in the world. It began in 1758 as a waggonway. Horses pulled wagon loads of coal to Leeds, which fueled their industries.


In 1812, the railway began using steam locomotives, which used a large rack wheel connected to cogs.

Their success led to the manufacture of steam locomotives in Leeds.

Notes

Most of the videos were taken with my Lumix 4K Digital Camera

Most of the photos were taken with my Google Pixel Phone

There's a collection of locomotives onsite.
You can buy books and souvenirs.
There are special events throughout the year.




My website www.suttong.com

ad. Buy Mind the Gap - to learn the often funny yet informative differences between British and American culture in words and phrases.

Mind the Gap on AMAZON  and  GOOGLE




Related Posts











No comments:

Post a Comment