30 May 2021

Pella Iowa


 Pella has a Dutch heritage with an inviting show of tulips still visible when I stopped by 12 May 2021.




Near the square are the attractive Scholte Gardens.


...where you will see some interesting statues.




The old windmill has some good views of the town.


Vermeer Windmill-Pella Iowa/ G Sutton 2021




Pella Iowa/G Sutton 2005

There are several interesting buildings or shops near the town center.


Opera House/ G Sutton 2021

This is the second Opera House- construction began 21 July 1900 see history





















Pella is worth a stop and I would recommend Tulip time- the festival is the first full weekend of May.

For more information, see www.visitpella.com

The Vermeer Windmill is an 1850s-style grain mill built in the Netherlands and added to Pella in 2002 click for more information.

My 2021 photos were take with my Pixel 4 Google phone
The older 2005 photos were with a Sony DSC T1

Please 

Check out my website www.suttong.com

And my YouTube Channel  SuttonTravels

Thanks






No comments:

Post a Comment