01 May 2021

Capitol Reef National Park Utah


 We spent part of two days at Capitol Reef National Park in Utah. We entered from the east. 

From the beginning, Capitol Reef looked different from Arches and Canyonlands. The trees along the river were a welcome sight.



Our first stop was for a short hike along a trail to see the Petroglyphs left by early Americans.



Next we hiked the short trail to Hickman Bridge.

Hickman Bridge Trailhead


Trail to Hickman Bridge


Hickman Bridge


On the next day, we got up early to hike the Grand Wash Trail. The parking had been full on the first day. It's an unusual walk with high rock cliffs on both sides.






This panorama is my attempt to "capture" the two-sided rock walls along the trail.







We stopped for a picnic lunch in this grassy area not far from the visitor's centre. There are some deer as well as old buildings and an orchard from early settlers.

Deer feed in the picnic area


Orchard near a picnic area

Here's a video of Capitol Reef National Park from my YouTube Channel: SuttonTravels



See my photos and comments on the Big 5 National Parks in Utah


Notes

Hours- Please see the website

Restrooms- those at the visitor’s centre were clean and in good working order when we visited

Picnics- There are tables throughout the park.

Trails-available--  see the website for details

My kit

Pixel 4 Google Phone with Google Fi

Panasonic Lumix Camera DMC ZS100 for zoom shots

Garmin vivofit3 tracker because I hate chargeable models

Nike Backpack

Cap with neck flap

Sunscreen and insect repellant

toilet seat covers

hand sanitizer

water bottle

 

What I Wish I’d remembered

Broadbrim hat with neck flap and chin strap

Hiking sticks

Hiking shoes or boots

 

Please check out my website   www.suttong.com

And Subscribe to my Travel Channel on YouTube

 

Also, see my books on   AMAZON       or  GOOGLE STORE

Also, consider connecting with me on    FACEBOOK   Geoff W. Sutton   

TWITTER  @Geoff.W.Sutton    

 







No comments:

Post a Comment