01 May 2021

Bryce Canyon National Park Utah

Land of the Hoodoos




Visitor's Centre

According to wikipedia:

A hoodoo (also called a tent rock, fairy chimney, or earth pyramid) is a tall, thin spire of rock that protrudes from the bottom of an arid drainage basin or badland. Hoodoos typically consist of relatively soft rock topped by harder, less easily eroded stone that protects each column from the elements.

So, we found the views of hoodoos in the canyon stunning as we walked along the Rim Trail to Inspiration Point.









This video from my YouTube channel, SuttonTravels, is about 3 minutes long.


Hours- Please see the website

Restrooms- those at the visitor’s center were clean and in good working order when we visited

Picnics- There are tables throughout the park.

Trails-a lot of trails are available--  see the website for details

See my photos and comments on the Big 5 National Parks in Utah


My kit

Pixel 4 Google Phone with Google Fi

Panasonic Lumix Camera DMC ZS100 for zoom shots

Garmin vivofit3 tracker because I hate chargeable models

Nike Backpack

Cap with neck flap

Sunscreen and insect repellant

toilet seat covers

hand sanitizer

water bottle

 

Wished I’d remembered

Broadbrim hat with neck flap and chin strap

Trekking poles

Hiking shoes or boots

 Please check out my website   www.suttong.com

And Subscribe to my Travel Channel on YouTube

 

Also, see my books on   AMAZON       or  GOOGLE STORE

Also, consider connecting with me on    FACEBOOK   Geoff W. Sutton   

TWITTER  @Geoff.W.Sutton    

 


No comments:

Post a Comment