29 April 2021

Canyonlands National Park Utah

 Stunning Views of Deep Canyons

We visited Canyonlands National Park on 9 April 2021. As we drove toward the park from the east entrance, it wasn’t impressive. But that impression soon changed when we saw the majestic canyons.



We are in the Island in the Sky section of Canyonlands National Park. Our first hike is along the Grand View Point Trail.



People all dressed up begin their marriage on the rocks.



The trail ends at a point where from left to right you see a panorama of stunning shades of red against a deep blue sky.



Chipmunks scramble for food dropped by snackers feasting on the visuals.



We hiked over to Upheaval Dome, which looks more like a crater. A nice moderate trail that was more interesting than the dome itself.




Our final trail took us to Mesa Arch, which is one of those picture-perfect spots people love. It’s an easy trail leading to an arch on the edge of a cliff. Beyond the canyon are the La Sal Mountains.



Here's my video of the Canyonlands from my YouTube Channel.



See my photos and comments on the Big 5 National Parks in Utah

Please check out my website   www.suttong.com

   and see my books on   AMAZON       or  GOOGLE STORE

Also, consider connecting with me on    FACEBOOK   Geoff W. Sutton    

   TWITTER  @Geoff.W.Sutton    

 

 

Subscribe to my Travel Channel on YouTube

 

I've found this book useful-













No comments:

Post a Comment