09 July 2020

Mississippi Palisades State Park Illinois


 

I visited Mississippi Palisades Park as part of my journey along the northern part of the river. It is a beautiful setting along the shore road with camping facilities, hiking trails, and more.



I headed up the Highpoint Trail first. the trails are well marked. it was slick in parts due to rain. and they wisely advise using insect repellent.


Before leaving the area, I walked across the road, over the railway tracks, and down by the river. There's a boat launch area.


Mississippi River, G Sutton 2020

There are camping areas, restrooms, trails
Look up the website for more information- I was there during the Covid-19 pandemic so I do not know what is available or what rules may limit activities.







No comments:

Post a Comment